Update: This event is over. Hope to see you next year!
A Night at the Apollo
Friday, February 15, at 7 p.m.
Ashland Community and Technical College
J.B. Sowards Theatre
Prizes to be Awarded
Adults: $200 for 1st Place, $100 for 2nd Place, $50 for 3rd Place
Children: $75 for 1st Place, $50 for 2nd Place, $25 for 3rd Place
- Amateur competition only. (Amateur means someone who has never had a performance contract.)
- Previous year’s grand prize winners in each division are ineligible to compete ( for one year) but are welcome and encouraged to perform.
- For all ages. Individuals and groups welcome.
- One song per entrant. Background accompaniment limited to CD track or acoustic. One microphone provided.
- Performances will be judged on stage presence, appearance, talent and audience appeal.
- Contest limited to first 20 entrants!
- Registered performers need to arrive at ACTC at 6 p.m. on February 15.
- Call the Highlands Museum & Discovery Center at 606-329-8888 for more information.
- $5 non-refundable entry fee per act.
Register before February 8!
Sponsored by: Highlands Museum & Discovery Center, Arts Council of NE Kentucky,
Ashland Community & Technical College, Kentucky Historical Society,
Boyd & Greenup County Branch of NAACP, Dr. William H. Boykin, Jr.,
City of Ashland Human Rights Commission, Dr. James H. Martin, Jr., Dr. Charles M. Rhodes,
Tri-State Digestive Disease Associates, PSC,
(Dr. Cheryl L Bascom and Dr. Michael D. Canty), Tri-State Radiology, PSC, and
Clear Channel Communications Radio Stations 100 WKEE, 103.3 WTCR and B 97.1
Return this entry form by February 8 to Highlands Museum & Discovery Center,
1620 Winchester Ave., Ashland, KY 41101 or fax to 606-324-3218