Rental Space and Birthday Parties
Have your next conference, get-together, or birthday party at the spacious and entertaining Highlands Museum.
$135 for members
$150 for non-members
- Use of the party room for a total of 3 hours.
- Admission for 30 adults and children.
- Access to the Discovery Center.
Set-up may begin a half-hour before scheduled party time. The party room must be cleared within a half-hour after scheduled party time. Museum members and children under age 2 do not count toward the admission. After the first 30 people, $3.50 per person will be added to your birthday party balance. All Birthday parties must book the party room in the Discovery Center, as shown above.
For $15, we can clean up for you!
Every First Friday of the Month:
A DEPOSIT OF $50 IS DUE WHEN BOOKING YOUR PARTY. The balance must be paid before the party starts.
Birthday party guests are expected to follow museum etiquette guidelines. The museum will be open to other guests. Birthday party guests must remain in the Discovery Center.
MAIN HALL EVENING RENTALS : 4 HOURS, $500 ($100 per hour each additional hour), capacity 325.
MAIN HALL LUNCHEON OR BRUNCH: UP TO 8 HOURS, $100 per hour until closing time, capacity 325.
Kentucky Farmer’s Bank Conference Room*** Rental
Also available to rent is the Kentucky Farmers Bank Conference Room (wedding showers, baby showers, training sessions, meetings, or small gatherings). The rental rate for the conference room is $50 per hour, up to closing time. Maximum charge is $ 300. It seats approximately 40 persons. A non-refundable deposit of $50 is due at the time of reservation and the balance is due the day of the event. The conference room must be cleaned and rearranged to its original state before departure of rental party.
*** The conference room is frequently used as a classroom on Saturdays. Please contact the museum office to find out if the space will be available.
Terms of Rentals:
1. The museum can provide 11 five foot tables (more available for evening rentals), 70 hard-back chairs, and 30 folding chairs upon request. Renter can rent tables and chairs from another source and have them delivered to the museum.
2. All rentals are subject to a booking and clean-up/damages deposit. The booking deposit saves the space, goes toward the total rental fee and is not refundable. The clean-up/damages deposit is in addition to the rental price, and will be refunded after the event and the space has been inspected by museum staff. The renter agrees to be liable for any damages that exceed the amount of the deposit.
DEPOSITS: Main Floor Booking-$100, Clean-up/damges $100.
Conference Room Booking $50, Clean-up/damages $50.
3. Cancellation fees: if the rental is cancelled within 60 days prior to the event, all deposits will be refunded. If the rental is cancelled less than 60 days prior to the event, the museum will keep the deposits.
4. Evening rentals may set up on the day of the rental between 10 AM-4 PM during weekdays, and 10AM-6PM on Saturday. Clean-up time is one half-hour after the rental ends. All other rentals are permitted one hour before to set up and one hour after event to clean up. Clean-up must be completed before the museum closing time. If additional clean-up time is needed, the museum will keep the clean-up deposit.
5. The museum will not close for a rental. If a private rental is desired, the renter must book the evening rental.
CALL 606-329-8888 FOR MORE INFO !
MUSEUM HOURS: 10am-4pm Mon.-Fri.; 10am-6pm Saturdays.
Just contact us below to find out more information.