Dear members and friends:
We have truly missed seeing our members and visitors over the past months due to the mandatory closing of the museum (COVID-19 pandemic). During the closure, we have continued construction on the Clark Family Discovery Center located on the second floor of the museum. We also replaced the old heating and cooling system on the main and mezzanine floors.
The museum’s Main Floor, Mezzanine and Discovery Center are now open and both areas will be following all guidelines as issued by the State COVID-19 Guidelines.
During closure, the museum has undergone extreme sanitation measures. All touchable surfaces will be sanitized during the day to ensure your safety.
Museum main floor and mezzanine — includes new military exhibit honoring all wars, Country Music Heritage Hall, Paul Blazer, vintage clothing, school house, Adena period, doctor’s office, sports, Pogue’s Landing to Ashland, sports, WWII exhibit, and art gallery.
The Discovery Center for children — interactive exhibits for children and Morehead State University Space Science Center
Criteria for visiting:
- Masks are required
- No symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, cold, or nausea
- Temperature will be taken at the door
- Sanitize hands upon entering and leaving the museum
- Sign waiver related to COVID-19 exposure
- Follow social distancing of 6 feet apart from others not in your party
- Limited number of people per floor according to guidelines
- Monday — Closed
- Tuesday — Closed to members/public (open for business only)
- Wednesday through Saturday — Open to member/public: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.